Search

Ads

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Being Optimistic. Being together.

You know the best part about being in a relationship? You always have someone by your side when you need them the most. I always say to her that "Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a good deal of candor. Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair."
Sharing a recent story about being in despair : I was having a messy time managing work and studies. Having just flunked in a particular test combined with long work hours at work had me wanting to almost kill myself. Just kidding, it wasn't that extreme but I'm sure you get the point. Side effects were mostly appetite loss, sleep deprivation and a lot of short anger bursts. I'm sure we've all been there done that. In short, I was in an utter state of despair. All I needed was a streak of optimism to brighten up my life. Enters my BAE for almost three years now. She surprised me by showing at my door on one of those lazy Saturday mornings. Now why this is so special is that she and I live in different cities almost 700 miles apart. The sight of waking up one day and seeing her face, after a horrendous week at work where I never had an opportunity to leave before 1 in the morning, was like a sun rising after 50 days of night. The flush of blood in her cheeks and a dimple to show for it was all I needed to lookup and feel positive about my life. You know what they say? People with dimple have a divine role in this universe: Smile.
I felt rejuvenated and also a sudden surge to make the weekend beautiful for us. Because, seeing her happy made me happy and surely she felt the same way. We decided to hire a catamaran and sail into the vast blue sea with no care in the world. One of the perks of living in Mumbai. After a couple of beers down and with no land within our range of sight, listening to waltz and swaying with the love of my life, all I could think was that life is too beautiful to be a pessimist. All you need is an acute reason to be optimistic again for happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.

Lookup in your life and visit https: //housing.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment